Our first week homeschooling went well. Phew. Huge sigh of relief here. We are settling back in nicely. There are still some kinks and a couple of things to change or add in. So here is our wrap up for last week:
- Pangaea- Read about continental drift in Ocean, watched a Discovery Ed video, did a experiment from Oceans for Every Kid.
- Read Chapter 9 in SOTW 2 and did map work.
- Read Chapter 10 in SOTW 2, did map work and painted his face like a Maori warrior.
- 5 lessons in Teaching Textbooks 3
- 4 chapters in The Mystery of the Periodic Table.
- Lesson 1 of Latin for Children online
- a and an
- We spent some time at the rec center walking the track, climbing and swimming.
Changes so far:
- We were also doing Powerspeak Latin through our online charter. We have decided to change this to German since the two Latin programs were so different. We are both excited about the change.
This past week was kind of busy getting everyone settled into some sort of routine, taking care of college stuff, and running around. Hopefully this week will be a little more organized.