I'm late for last week and this week has been an odd one so I decided to combine the two.
- 5 lessons
- percentages and fractions with cooking
- finish lesson 1 and start lesson 2
- SOTW 2 chapter 20 and 21
- K12 history online lesson 1
- world water percentage
- salt water resources vs. fresh water
- made an ocean pie
- did an visual exercise with an apple to compare salt vs. sea water
- made a drawing of an underwater environment
- did a salt water experiment from The Mystery of the Periodic Table that we read about.
- reading The Mystery of the Periodic Table
- Dibels testing for our online school.
- Lots of reading after visiting the library
- started doing German this week through powerspeak. We are enjoying this so far and picking up on it quickly.
- our online school had a back to school pool party that we enjoyed with friends.
- Hiking with family- we found lots of different kinds of mushrooms and took pictures. We are taking those pictures and researching them to make our own field guide. We also found an arrowhead and did some rock collecting.
- Pow Wow. They had a Pow Wow in town for the opening of a local film festival.
- Lego class. He started a Lego life science class.
- Library trip
- park day
- Jack also helped me put in the stone pathway pictured below. Actually he kind of took over the project. He did good!