That January homeschool reset really didn't last long. When I finally thought we would be able to start again, a dear friend passed away.
That did give me time to watch a couple of the Bravewriter retreat dvds and also a few awesome scopes from Julie of Bravewriter. These have helped me find my way back to how I want our homeschool to be.
Here is the plan that we came up with for the month of February.
- math- looping through Life of Fred Fractions, Beast Academy, Khan, and whatever else. Variety is the key for this.
- Morning time
- Writing- working through Partnership Writing and an online Bravewriter class.
- Copywork- taken from our current read aloud, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.
- Physics- simple fun experiments.
- nature study
- park day
When we feel like it:
- History- right now we are slowly watching the documentary The West
- Astronomy- when it's not cloudy
- Chess kids
That's all and it feels wonderful.